Western MA (PIttsfield) pellets sources

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bdaoust

Nov 28, 2012
Western, MA
Looks like the only pellets in the Pittsfield, MA area are:

1. Green Supreme (Home Depot and Tractor Supply) BLAH!
  2. Purcell and LA CRETE (LP ADAMS) $325 a ton delivered. (that seem a tad high?)
  3. Woodpellets.com
Has anyone else found anything? Especially one that delivers as I don't have a truck.

Thanks

My pellet dealer has La Cretes for $360 for 1.2 tons which equals $300 per ton. The also charge a delivery fee of $50 for a skid, $75 for 2 skids and $90 for 3+ skids.

$325 per ton delivered seems like a good deal to me.

Reactions: bdaoust
Definitely go with the Purcells and La Cretes. By all accounts, they are both fantastic pellets. Like Tim pointed out, the La Crete price is pretty standard. The only place around here that sells Purcells is getting $320/ton and that's before delivery! Grab 2 tons of each one and see if they will cut you a break on the delivery fee. Can't hurt to ask.

Reactions: bdaoust
Status
Not open for further replies.