What a difference a pellet makes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stallau

Hearth Supporter
May 17, 2009
Southern ME
I have both MWP pellets and Vermont pellets. Until this week I've been running my stove on 3 and with the stove in the basement my 1st fl has been about 72 - 74. I've been running the vermont pellets the last few days and even with getting down near the single digits overnight I have to turn the stove down to 2 overnight so the house can cool down from the 75 - 77 range. The Vermont pellets cost about $50 more than the MVP a ton but if I can use that much less over the winter I'll keep the MVP for when it's warmer and don't need that many BTUs.

Just wanted to pass that along for anyone considering the Vermonts

I just went from Green Supreme to Heartland. I paid dearly for the Heartlands but they burn hotter and cleaner with significantly less ashes.

Gio said:
I just went from Green Supreme to Heartland. I paid dearly for the Heartlands but they burn hotter and cleaner with significantly less ashes.

Gio your getting spoiled with western pellets.

i'm burning the mwp blend.
buying anything at $50 more a ton just doesn't seem to make much sense to me.
it was 10 below last week and i was fine.

i clean my stove everyday anyway. so the fact that there is a fair amount of ash in the firebox isn't an issue for me.
low fines and no clinkers.
i don't have a truck. and there are no big box stores within 25 miles of me. so $219 a ton delivered just made me happy.

i heard a rumor that sib had the softwood mwps for $235 a ton this year.
i'd go for one ton at that rate if it's for real.
but i'm pretty sure i'd rather have a whole extra ton of the blend for that $50 extra per on my years supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.