What a difference

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stallau

Hearth Supporter
May 17, 2009
Southern ME
There has been much debate about the Maine pellets but I just wanted to put in my two cents

I'm finishing off the Maine pellets from last winter and due to the lack of being impressed with how it went last year I bought a couple tons of New England pellets. With it getting a little colder I decided to see how the pellets from New Hampshire would do and while I needed to increase the air supply some the temp in my house has gone from 70 to 75 today by changing pellets but not changing the feed rate. For the $20 a ton more I think that's worth it. The nice thing is my stove doesn't look like I've had a snow storm on the inside from all the ash - just waiting for it to look that way outside the house.

I don't know how this year's crop of Maine pellets do but it will be a tough sell to get me to buy them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.