What are the pro's using to start the fire ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the math. I can heat my house with Super Cedars alone for eight hundred dollars a month.

Did you include shipping?

BeGreen said:

Nope. Nor did I include having hire a houseboy to be around to toss one in the stove every thirty minutes.

BrotherBart said:
BeGreen said:

Nope. Nor did I include having hire a houseboy to be around to toss one in the stove every thirty minutes.

I will get you the auto feeder to replace the boy and give you free shipping. Plus you can get bulk pricing on the pallet.
Thomas

Maybe you could get one of the Canadian Olympic Hockey team members to do a little goal practice on the stove? ;-)

Maybe he wants to hire a houseboy. :coolhmm:

I had really small kids when I made my last batch of wax starters, and for some reason, I had a whole bunch of BROKEN CRAYONS!!!! yep, looks like I spelled crAoooons wrong... ANYWAYS, they seemed to work fine, and my son was kind enough to peel the wrappers off ALL the crayons before he broke them, so it was a "team" effort! %-P

I agree, using a waxed cardboard box may get you a firestarted that wouldn't go out til July!!

Status
Not open for further replies.