What are the signs in need to clean SS Chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
Hmm..I was reading a related post and the person said that "what a difference a cleaning the chimney makes on my stove" Hmm, what would the signs be that your chimney needs to be cleaned???? I cant get t omy end cap either, but when I look up the chimney from the bottom cleanout it doesnt look that bad.
SS chimney outside no chase etc.The stove still seems to draw ok.

Also, I havent cleaned out the stove pipe inside yet at all.. my avator shows my setup. I have been burning my stove since last November I guess you could say.. so like 7 months on this stove..Think I should take it apart and brish it?

At least once a season is recommended. Most do it in the spring or summer. That way you start off the season fresh. It sounds like this flue has been uncleaned since startup in Nov 2006. Is that correct? If so it's a bit overdue.

With a new stove it's not a bad idea to sweep the flue midseason just to determine how you, the wood, the flue and the stove are doing. This is especially a good idea for someone new to wood.

ok, by flue you mean the stove pipe right? So basically just unscrew the sections and wirebrush it out or whatever>??

Status
Not open for further replies.