What are these for?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stallau

May 17, 2009
Southern ME
I was cleaning out my Breckwell Big E today and at the top of the firebox I found a plate on each side that I'm wondering what they are for. The hook on where the top narrows near the exchange tubes. Just wondering if they should be slid towards the front of the stove or towards the back or doesn't really matter. I took a look at the manual but didn't see anything about them.

Thanks for the info.

STallau said:
I was cleaning out my Breckwell Big E today and at the top of the firebox I found a plate on each side that I'm wondering what they are for. The hook on where the top narrows near the exchange tubes. Just wondering if they should be slid towards the front of the stove or towards the back or doesn't really matter. I took a look at the manual but didn't see anything about them.

Thanks for the info.

Those are the flue plates that Breckwell provides to folks that are having difficulty with getting heat out of the stove in certain situations, you should contact Breckwell about how they are placed.

Status
Not open for further replies.