What are to communities thoughts on the new Enviro P3?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

a89aries

Oct 4, 2014
Ontario
For those not familiar with my situation, there is another thread going into more detail here. Essentially I ordered a new Mini-A in September but due to a couple months backorder the local dealer offered to install their floor model that had never been fired but was only 2yr old. We agree to that but I quickly found out after they installed it that it is a Mini (non A) mfg in 2008! So for the last 2 months the stove has sat unused waiting for a new stove Mini-A to arrive..

Dealer has finally come back saying they can't get a -A until February and are making the following offers:

-We keep the old Mini from 2008 that is still installed at a discount
-We wait until the new Mini-As arrive in February (but that leaves us heating with 100% oil for the entire winter)
-They have offered us a steep discount on the new Enviro P3 that they actually have in stock. My main concern is this is a brand new stove and I can't find any feedback anywhere online from owners which kind of scares me. On the other hand he P3 is a much nicer looking stove and is worth an extra $1000 and as far as I understand is an upgraded mini.

Thoughts?

Easily! So far its keeping our leaky, 1100sq ft 175yr old farm house at about 70-72'F with no other assistance on setting 3 or 4. During a warmer spell over Christmas, we weren't paying attention and we were up to 78'F on level 3. Only complaint so far is having to remove the side to make manual adjustments on the intake. Makes it tricky to adjust to variations in pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.