1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

What do you find...........

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by thewoodlands, Jun 9, 2013.

1. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

when you open up a blocked trail, more firewood. This is from the straight line winds the last Tuesday in May.

Pic 7442 is the small maple blocking the trail (taken care of) I did buck up 7451, the rest of the pics are in that same area, pic 7453 is what's left of 7451 (scheduled for this week)

Attached Files:

TimJ, ScotO and BobUrban like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Never ending huh zap?
  3. BobUrban

BobUrban Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Michigan
    Very nice Zap - what kind of trailer is that you are using? I am on the hunt for a perfect trailer to haul wood with my quad. I have a nice one for hauling the QUAD that works pretty well with wood but is to wide to get into tight places. I know Dennis has one I have eyed up in many of his posts but yous looks ideal as well.

Bob
  4. thewoodlands

It's called the Bush Burro, they're out of Canada, we bought ours from a local guy who had bought five, he thought he could sell them to the ice fishing crowd but it never worked out.

http://www.rescraft.com/trailers.html
  5. thewoodlands

The one good thing is we have all the main trails open. I still need to mill up one downed pine limb that is semi blocking the trail on a corner.

The big hill that runs the length of the brook still needs to be checked.
  6. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Did you get that big pine cut down that we talked about a while back?
    Man, with all those trees down, is that going to interrupt your milling plans this summer?
    Remember that storm damage I helped a couple clean up last month? They just had a MONSTER beech that was right against the house cut down (80-footer), insurance made them do it. They called me the other day and said the wood was mine for helping with the cleanup a couple weeks ago. Easily a cord or more there! That beech is great stuff in my book!!
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  7. thewoodlands

Noy yet on the pine. I'll get some Pine an the downed Cherry milled.

I agree on the beech, the wife likes burning that better than anything else.