what do you pay to get your pellet stove cleaned?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ditto, i do a few others ,the neighbors, usually payment is a beer or two and an agreement to watch the house if im outta town , which we do for each other anyway. i do it mostly to help out, and its easier to sleep knowing the lessened likelyhood of a flue fire next door. they have wood stoves.

Do it yourself. Read the manual and learn your stove inside and out. Find all of the nooks, crannies etc where ash and fines can accumulate, learn how to clean the blower fins, vacuum tubes etc. There will likely come a time when your stove acts up, and knowing its inner workings will be very helpful for diagnosis and repair.

My stove shop lists the cleaning charges at $135 if you bought 3 or more tons of pellets from them and $165 if you did not.

you folks bring up a good point.... I think I'll just watch em take it apart and put it back together and do it myself after that.

Also... I'll do a search, but have you seen any good clean your own chimney threads?

PS... Next up... do it yourself dentistry ;-)

Takes like 15 minutes to clean my stove from the firepot all the way to termination. Absolutely perfectly clean. Couldn't imagine having someone come out to the house to do that. It's not a money thing at all. It's just so easy. I spend more time cleaning my vehicle every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.