What do you think of this handy dandy toy to check stove temps?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wingnut

Dec 21, 2005
I do HVAC work for a living and found this toy works great to check stove temps. It has a Lazar dot that you just point and shoot, you can pin point any part of your stove or flue. These pictures are of my new Osburn 2200i one is the glass temp. and the other is the temp. of the air coming off of the blower. You can get one at any HVAC supply house or at Grangers for around 75.00. ( Kinda cool aint it!!) The last picture is the fan switch that I installed. When I come home for lunch I shut off the switch and reload the stove then its in auto mode the disk will cool of enough with the door open and the fan will shut off. After she comes back to life I can flip the switch and override the disk (seems kinda of slow to make) that way I can leave the house and know that I have air going over the stove. I cant imagine this thing running without a blower.

Attachments

• P1020548.JPG
    P1020548.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 447
  • P1020551.JPG
    P1020551.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 433
  • P1020533.JPG
    P1020533.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 445
Wing, those thermoms are very cool. My dad came over to the house with one of those when I installed my stove, very good way to check temps. Things are right on, too, I checked it with a certified thermometer and it was within a degree or two. Got idea for the fan, nice looking setup.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.