what do you think of this price for pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shelby2001

May 7, 2011
Central MA
One of our local pellet dealers is doing a special for march started today 3 or more tons of Barefoot Pellets for $259 per ton with delivery of $49. Do you think this is one of the better deals or will there be better deals in the next few months? I have no problem with the 3 tons we actually are going to have used 4 1/2 tons this heating season as we heat exclusively with pellets with our Harman Insert.

pelletstove.jpg
pelletstove.jpgpelletstove.jpg

That's a good price for barefoot pellets.

Seems like it's in line. If you check out Barefoot's website, the dealers are getting them for $228 a ton I believe if they take a truckload. So at that price your dealer would be making just over $30 a ton + the shipping/del charge. My dealer here charges $25 del. FYI. Maybe you can cut a deal on the del.

Good price for Barefoots. Is the delivery price a flat rate for as many tons as you buy?

I know who you're talking about and I did that deal plus a ton of Spruce Points too.

Status
Not open for further replies.