1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

what do you use to sift your pellets

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mike2rach, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike2rach

mike2rach New Member

Loc:
    PA
    What are you using to sift your pellets if anything, We are going to be using Barefoot and Lignetics in our new pellet stove. We are getting the new 10-EP from Englander. Just want to make sure we have all our ducks in a row. Has anyone used Barefoot or Lignectis with there pellet stove.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. offingmoot

offingmoot New Member

Loc:
    Central/South Jersey
    check out my thread "storing and moving pellets" i have collected a bunch of tools and ideas from all over the internet, spent several days doing it as i am looking for a cleaning/moving solution
    also see www.iburncorn.com they have a whole forum dedicated to the topic.....most ways of sifting or cleaning corn can be used for pellets as well
  3. offingmoot

offingmoot New Member

Loc:
    Central/South Jersey
  4. sinnian

sinnian Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Limerick, Maine
  5. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    If you have premium pellets there is absolutely no need to sift them. In five years of burning, I never sifted a single pellet and probably would have stopped right there if I had to.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.