What does your sifter look like?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are two pictures of my pellet vacuum. Design found in the pellet mill and I adjusted it to fit my needs.
I will try to post another picture of it mounted. It is worth it to build this design as it is fast and simple.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24034104

Bill

PS. I want to add a dedicated vacuum to the system, mounted above and wired to flip a switch next to the pellet vac.

Reactions: The Village Idiot

Attachments

• PelletVacDiagram1.jpg
    PelletVacDiagram1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 200
  • PelletVacDiagram1.jpg
    PelletVacDiagram1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 194
My pellet sifter look a lot like my stove, here it is...
lopi-pellet-stove-leyden.JPG

I think the missus would like me to build one to help with dust when I fill the stove, but, I've never had more than a teaspoon of fines in the fines box. Pretty sure with my bottom feeder fines = BTU's.;)

I think the missus would like me to build one to help with dust when I fill the stove, but, I've never had more than a teaspoon of fines in the fines box. Pretty sure with my bottom feeder fines = BTU's.;)

Yes, the wife is quite happy that the dust has been reduced drastically.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.