What exactly is Class A chimney pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

troy-pit

Sep 13, 2015
Everett WA
When installing a blaze king I understand that I need class A chimney pipe especially when going up a combustible chase. What are the other terms people use for class A chimney pipe. Seems that people use different terminology for chimney pipe.

When installing a blaze king I understand that I need class A chimney pipe especially when going up a combustible chase. What are the other terms people use for class A chimney pipe. Seems that people use different terminology for chimney pipe.
Good question..
x2

You need prefab chimney pipe which is tested to 2100 degrees this can be double wall insulated or in some cases triple wall but the double wall is a better product. Just search for class a or prefab chimney pipe and you should get lots of results.

It seems that whenever I contact the fireplace companies they say I need some type of pipe but they always have different terminology for it. Whey I say I need class A chimney pipe they do not know what I am talking about. Very confusing. Also one company said that I do not need to put sealant between the sections of pipe and it just screw together. I have heard I am supposed to always put some sealant between the sections of pipe.

There's a Canadian spec that exceeds the US spec for this type of pipe (tested to more and longer chimney fires). I can't remember what it is, but if you track that down, I would just make sure the pipe meets that spec if you want the best.

I put mine together without any sealant.

There's a Canadian spec that exceeds the US spec for this type of pipe (tested to more and longer chimney fires). I can't remember what it is, but if you track that down, I would just make sure the pipe meets that spec if you want the best.

I put mine together without any sealant.
I believe it's a Csa (Canadian standard assoc) it's all over all my paperwork I can look for it tommorow

Status
Not open for further replies.