What is good for cleaning pellet stove glass?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a mechanic most of my life,I agree(to a point)stoners is the most streak free non leaving a residue cleaner.But rutland leaves a hi temp coating on the glass,much the same as a good car wax,it works.
started using the stuff you use for oven glass tops... seems to do the same deal concerning leaving a slick coating on the glass.

Reactions: Mt Bob
There is a fine line probably best define as look at your flame. A lazy orange flame would seem to be burning rich and cause soot on the inside of stove . Black soot. You can go over kill and make the flame real jumpy and yellowish in color that is to much air being pushed through and you will loose heat out your exh pipe. So in a selection of 1 to 8 heat settings I will use 6 the most because after that I will loose heat out the exh trying to get more heat out of the stove. I also use a cheap thermostat so the stove will drop to a low level if heat is not called for. Different stoves all have a little different set up so be sure to say what kind and model you have . Most people with the same stove as yours can give you good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.