1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

WHAT IS THE BEST 4" PELLET PIPE?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Jabbers, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabbers

Jabbers Member

Loc:
    NE OHIO
    I'm selling all of my 3" pipe. Looking at simpson pellet pro galvalume. What do you guys think?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. kklockars@cox.net

kklockars@cox.net New Member

Loc:
    Northern RI
    excel seems to be the easiest to install and seal, the gasket between the pipe needs no sealant or tape as some of the others do
  3. Jabbers

Jabbers Member

Loc:
    NE OHIO
    I just can't believe all the trouble this pipe is. I have $500 worth of pipe (troubles). You spend all this money and you still get $#$@.
  4. flashbang

flashbang Member

Loc:
    NY
    The pipe I used is the best I have seen with no silicone needed. It has a rubber seal in the inner female SS pipe that the male slides into with a positive seal. No rope/o-ring with the 1/8 click and turn, seal it with silicone and hope it won’t leak. This pipe is just stupid crazy expensive to the point that it should be all SS.
    Excell is pricey but worth it. Although officially you cannot, I will say that you can cut to fit on the male end to make exactly the length you need, you can’t do that with the others.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.