What is this insert? He calls it an Aristrocrat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Markhering

Jan 17, 2014
South Carolina
00W0W_46s0eeeIDtt_600x450.jpg

I am in the market for an insert and found this on the infamous craigslist for $300 including flue liner and chimney cap. He says it is an "Aristrocrat". what are your thought O learned ones.

That is what I was thinking too. I couldn't find who made it or any info. If I could have found a replacement door for it, I might have gone for it.

Looks like a Buck copy. Probably a decent stove if you use dry wood, but it will burn a lot of it. Needs a stove pipe adapter.

It is a clean looking stove! You just have to know the difference between the old and the new EPA stoves. I have both and love them both. As clean as it looks, $300 is not a bad price if that is what you want.

I have never seen one exactly like it. It is not a Buck. But as others have said it looks like a Buck knock off. A lot of them produced in the 70's and 80's, Maybe Webbie will chime in. He is the "old" expert.

I am still holding this out as an option because $300 sure beats $3000! (I am looking at an Osburn 2400)I will have to read up on pre/post EPA stoves. Plus, the guy really wants it out of his way...if I don't take the chimney liner he will sell the stove alone for $200, btw, he says that it has a broken glass panel and a bad fan blade.
Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.