What is this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wg_bent

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2005
Poughkeepsie, NY
Cheap steel stove

I sent the seller an email telling him that the stove was not cast iron, but plate steel.

Here's his 2 responses:

Thank you -- I will change that -- I know hardly nothing about these things -- I appreciate you letting me know -- I will change it right away -- God Bless you,
Joe

Hi,
Do you know anything else about that wood stove from the photo? There is no name or date or manufacturer. Anything would help. Thanks again for the Cast Iron/ plate steel email.
Thanks,
Joe

I sort of feel sorry for this guy.. Not sure why, but anyone know what this stove is?

looks like a knockoff of a fisher or even an old OLD englander, but doors and ash pan do not match any of the old englanders ive ever seen , and the deflector above the doorway is not found on any ESW units ive ever seen. im not sure what it is, but im pretty sure i know what it aint. wait a minute... maybe MAYBE... might be a prehistoric PE the whorehouse red paint sure has faded over the years ;) jk

not really sure at all, but it looks like it got a "krylon rebuild" in whorehouse red, so could it be an early PE?

* ducking under cover :lol:

aaaawwwww You guys are bad. I shoulda seen that one coming. :) but on the upside... it's apparently still kicking, so it must be a PE. God forbid someone lights that thing off.. The climate will change fer shure.

And Bozlee thought that Osburn left a coating on the walls... good grief they aint' seen nothing compared to what happens when that WHR paint starts cooking.

Whoever comes to pick it up needs to bring their waders. The damn thing is standing in water!

Obviously an early welding shop job. Probably the proto-type for the Quad 5700.

BrotherBart said:
Whoever comes to pick it up needs to bring their waders. The damn thing is standing in water!

i saw that , wasnt somebody posting a question about a pool heater fired with wood? there ya go <chuckle> or maybe it was a disgruntled customers "boat anchor" and the lake dried up;)

Great paint job even done with a brush.. Note the air nobs are missing looks like an early Garison. You know it worth 40 bucks at the scrap yard.

I say it was a PE but that is before PE time but even whorehouse red was popular then

If it wasn't in California, it MIGHT be worth picking up to hack into pieces and make into a certified clean burn monster stove. Or a the firebox for my new offset firebox smoker.

Definately a "knock off"...some handy/creative folks out there. Gotta love the red...

You know, I doubt that red paint is stove paint. What do you think is going to happen if someone installs and fires up that stove?

Status
Not open for further replies.