What is your dream stove? What is your dream for processing equipment?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelthomas

Hearth Supporter
Feb 10, 2006
?????????????????????????????????????????????

Well I guess I have them until something else comes along that is more advanced:

Hearthstone Mansfield - new this season and has treated us well. Do wish it had a bit taller firebox.

Stihl Chainsaws: 028 and 031

Old splitter 10HP Kohler pushing a 10 ton ram off a garbage truck..

Mostly, I've been buying wood from a freind as my business is pretty busy and can earn the money easier than spend the time.

Step Daughter stacking the pile. Now I am sure I'll need to find another stacker pretty soon as she is going to graduate UCONN soon.

A Woodstock catalytic soapstone with a 3 cu ft firebox!

Todd said:
A Woodstock catalytic soapstone with a 3 cu ft firebox!

Ditto. I like the idea of 3 cu ft. Catalytic Soapstone stove. My buddy recently installed a Blaze King princess. Not the prettiest stove out there but it sure does it's job well. Or maybe my dream stove is a Soapstone stove from Blaze King?

tulikivi has a soapstone bake oven and heater...put that in upstairs or a brick oven with a real brick fireplace and not just a metal insert that burns wood

a fancy schmancy cookstove on legs

a coal burner that goes 12 hours without tending the ash

my dh ever with me to enjoy the fire especially after the cable goes out

A 8" Double insulated A-vent installed and atached to A BlazeKing KEJ 1107 Ultra with satin door trim. & One logging truck load of OAK. Ill take care of the rest.

I think I have them already, unless Woodstock came out with a 2.5 cu ft Keystone. Isn't happiness wanting what you already have? :)

Probably a masonry stove or a soapstone/cast combo job.........and someone to deliver the firewood, with me supplementing the rest with my stihl and splitting maul. If I was really heavy into splitting, one of those electric splitters seems just about right.

i would like a stove that would heat the house burn clean using the spoil from the chipper, burning up all the stuff i run through that thing all winter instead of a processed fuel, could clean it up in the spring and summer chip it down and store in an airy location where it wouldnt start to decompose, then bring it in by the tubfull and run it through a stove which would work like a pellet stove for chipped up limbs and such.

have yet to see one though

PE Alderlea i think...
total no holds barred a Masonry Stove, but I'd have to move out.

a decent pick up to haul, w/dumper, and a back up saw (now that my only is busted)

stoveguy2esw said:
i would like a stove that would heat the house burn clean using the spoil from the chipper, burning up all the stuff i run through that thing all winter instead of a processed fuel, could clean it up in the spring and summer chip it down and store in an airy location where it wouldnt start to decompose, then bring it in by the tubfull and run it through a stove which would work like a pellet stove for chipped up limbs and such.

You got it Mike, I like the way you think. Oh, and I'd like it to help power the house while it's heating it. I don't ask for much do I? :)

Pretty much have it already.

Woodstock soapstone Fireview
Cut our own wood on our place using a Stihl 290
Use a 20 ton log splitter.

Only improvement would be some type of automatic draft control so when the wood gets burned down to almost all coals and then opens at least half way. Perhaps a larger firebox might be good for the really cold weather.

Wood Stove
Steel Stove
4 cu ft top loader, (I wish more manufactures besides Harman made steel top loaders)
A design that equally distributes the heat over 3000 sq ft, without the use of a barn fan
Non-Cat
ash pan that can be emptied while burning,
24 hour + burn time > 300 temp at end
an option to add soapstone panels
enhanced air control for start up (similar to Quad)
an automatic temp regulated control (non-electronic) to extend burn times and stop overfires
A temp alarm to tell me when to add wood nice if it was non-electric
A moisture detector that gives the stove more air when wet wood is detected, nice if it was non-electric
The ability to cook, grill and smoke food (just direct the smoke)
True Lifetime warranty
True 90%+ efficiency
True < 1 gram per hour on high
A dealer that has excellent customer service
A company that has excellent customer service
All at an affordable price

Additional options:
For the anti-smoke crowd a high intense laser beam that has the power to disintegrate its target
A option for low power laser beam that can cut and split the wood, (since it is a laser it will also speed up the drying process)
A tractor beam to stack the wood, haul the wood in, reload when need to keep the temp up, and to empty the ashes

stoveguy2esw said:

I agree.
Hey Corie we got a new project for ya :) ;)

A stove that will cut, split, stack the wood, clean the chimney after it is done for the season, and feed itself during the burning season, and it will get me a beer from the 'fridge when I ask it.

I guess I should have bought a Summit :cheese:

A legally installed and dependable green woodchip burner would be great. Anybody that has used a 6" or larger wood chipper will appreciate the huge mass of hog fuel generated from genuine wood waste in a short amount of time. It is almost a shame to cut up prefectly good saw logs into firewood. Well almost.

A 3 CF top/rear venting side loading woodstock with clearance requirements as good as the non-cat hearthstones.

A cheap blaze king.

A wedge system that is like a big grate with the desired sized grid. Enough power on the ram to push a log through it. No resplits just push the round through once and then grab another.

A wood storage system that allows non manual stacking and still dries the wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.