What is your rule on when to burn???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anytime I would have turned the furnace on before. Generally below 68 interior unless I know it will warm up do to good weather during the day. Have been burning every night since late fall though.

Reactions: etiger2007
We burn on evenings and weekends from late sept. thru april. Ours is located in our finished basement, it often feels cold and damp. The nice bi-product is our main furnace does not run as long as the outside temp stays above the teens. We absolutely love the dry heat...

Usually my first light up is right after I get the bill from the Oil delivery man. Actually it's a few minutes after that, when the shock wears off. I use the receipt to start the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.