What model of Buck stove is it, and what would you do?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hankjrfan

Nov 22, 2008
Southeast MO
I've got a chance to get this stove for little to nothing, other than moving it which looks formidable in itself. I do know a little about the history of ownership that takes it back to at least the early 90's, maybe a little earlier. No markings or model numbers I could find, except Buck badge.

Been using an NC13 for at least five years now and am very happy with it. Maybe the only knock would be the 4 hour amount of time it'll keep the house "warm" when it gets really chili out.. and the smaller fire box. Last winter put it to the test, but what are the chances we'll get another one like that???

If put in the position of being able to decide which one you'd go with, which would you choose?

buckstove2_zpsa7ba177d.jpg

buckstove1_zps9e7ea96a.jpg

I would pat the 13 on the head, clean its chimney and get it ready for next season.

I'd pass the Buck.

Reactions: BrotherBart
2 quick strikes for the Buck! One more an yer out.

It's a much bigger stove, but I don't notice the firebox being a whole lot bigger. The last thing I'd want to do is get it over and installed (8" pipe) and all, and then have an inferior stove. Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.