What size corner hearth pad for a Harman PC45?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off a flat wall your minimum PC45 hearthpad dimensions are 35.5" wide x 36.5" deep.
So, NO, a 36" corner pad will not work.
I'd say a 41" corner pad would be closer to the correct size,
but the BEST way to determine the min size is to have the stove as a measuring
guide, use the specs from the install manual & lay out the minimum dims on graph paper...

DAKSY said:
Off a flat wall your minimum PC45 hearthpad dimensions are 35.5" wide x 36.5" deep.
So, NO, a 36" corner pad will not work.
I'd say a 41" corner pad would be closer to the correct size,
but the BEST way to determine the min size is to have the stove as a measuring
guide, use the specs from the install manual & lay out the minimum dims on graph paper...

Thanks Dansky, here's the Harman link http://www.harmanstoves.com/products/details.asp?cat=stoves&prd=pellet-stoves&f=STVPPC45&nav=specs

So, 40" would work?

BTW, I'd double check before anything, just want to get a rough idea.

40" SHOULD work, but that would depend on how far back into the corner you want the pad to be...
Harman doesn't give you a dimension from the back (wall) corner to the front lip of the hearth pad.
Most people would rather have the pad go all the way to the corner, so there isn't a small
section of carpet/hardwood/linoleum/whatever that will be tough to dust, between the pad & the baseboard.
That being said, hearthpads are made DEAD NUTS SQUARE...Most corners in houses aren't & that
leads to a whole other issue with corner installs...

here's mine for a p43

length, depth and width are all 48"

front sides are 30", and front is 25"

Attachments

• stove1 (Custom).jpg
    stove1 (Custom).jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,115
41 x41 would suffice, but yo may need to go larger if DV thru a wall and it needs to be pulled out in order to avoid a stud w/ the vent..

poconoman said:
HEMI said:
here's mine for a p43

length, depth and width are all 48"

front sides are 30", and front is 25"

Man, that's a nice job! I can't do 48" on one side though. Did you overkill, just to be safe or required? What's the safe minimum?
i built it to fit the room knowing ahead of time it would be plenty for the stove clearances....did it before the wood floors went in...took about a day

I had mine installed professionally and it's about a 37-38" corner pad with direct vent straight out (45 degree-through garage) and up through roof. Had an electric baseboard to avoid so went with smaller pad and it's just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.