1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

What size generator for stove blower

Post in 'The Gear' started by steeltowninwv, Aug 29, 2013.

1. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia

I was going to mention that last night. A while back I saw somewhere that people that checked them found them to be the same with the same output. I incrementally loaded up one of mine with a Kill-A-Watt in the outlet and it starts losing its guts right at 900 watts.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. NCFord

NCFord Member

Loc:
    central NC
    I would second the small 2000 watt inverter generator. I have a 2000 watt Honeywell but Honda, yamha, generac , and others all make good ones. I uses mine a lot for work, but also at home. It will power my insert blower, very large fridge, my tankless hot water, and most of the lights(all cfls) My fridge is new, if you have an older one 2000 watts likely won't power it. These will cost more, but will last, don't use much gas, and are very easy on the ears and neighbors.
  3. Treacherous

Treacherous Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WA state
    I don't find the combined shutoff a problem. It is extremely easy to empty the carb out. I'm thinking about converting my two EU2000i's to tri-fuel so I can run off propane.