What the Wind Produced!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
After I finished stacking the wife wanted to go for a ride so we could check the trails for any downed trees, the trails we checked had some small stuff down but when we checked the trail along the base of a hill we found a good size beech and up from the beech was a nice size sugar maple.

The beech seems llike it will be good (some hollow) and the sugar maple seems real good, attached are some pictures. Pictures 100_1674 and 100_1678 are the beech and the other two are the sugar maple.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1674.jpg
    100_1674.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 313
  • 100_1675.jpg
    100_1675.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 324
  • 100_1676.jpg
    100_1676.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 326
  • 100_1678.jpg
    100_1678.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 317
I think we got all the rain and you got the wind. Its nice to have mother nature help you out with the felling process.

SolarAndWood said:
I think we got all the rain and you got the wind. Its nice to have mother nature help you out with the felling process.

We had both, Solar nice 60 inch bar do you have anything that big (tree) so you could use it.

zap

zapny said:
nice 60 inch bar do you have anything that big (tree) so you could use it.

Not really and it is close enough to new that I'm not inclined to use it.

loon said:
no beech around the house zap, but lots up at the deercamp and very nice to work with ;-)

terry

Find the beech and you'll find the deer, we burned some last year and liked it so we have about two face cord of beech and five face cord of sugar maple for when it gets cold this year.

zap

Zap, beech is well noted for being hollow and it will live for many, many years that way. Good find and you'll enjoy the wood.

More wind forecast for us Wednesday but only 30 mph this time....if they are right. Still no big cool down in the forecast so we may end up relatively warm all month.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, beech is well noted for being hollow and it will live for many, many years that way. Good find and you'll enjoy the wood.

More wind forecast for us Wednesday but only 30 mph this time....if they are right. Still no big cool down in the forecast so we may end up relatively warm all month.

Down in the 20's tonight, it's been cool and damp the last couple of weeks in northern new york. The cherry and some ugly beech are doing the job so far and that dead standing that I cut is in the garage and being burned tonight.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.