What this newb has learned so far.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iembalm4aLiving

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Oct 3, 2008
N.E. Ohio
A few observations early into my first year with an insert......

1. Make sure the kitchen vent hood is OFF when trying to start a fire. :ahhh:

2. Super Cedars ARE super.

3. Women get used to a 78 degree living room very quickly, and begin to demand it be that way every day....

4. (Related to no. 3) You only THINK you have enough wood.

5. (Related to no. 4) You become obsessed with finding more wood.

6. Why didn't I have an insert put in 10 years ago?

More to come, I'm sure...... ;-)

Very insightful!

Wait until you have a list about 15 items long that are all changes related to burning habits / wood cutting / splitting , etc, that you never would have done (and would have thought was foolish) had you not decided to spend time on hearth.com

pen

You are learning fast :)

Also related to #3, the amount of clothing they wear is inversely proportional to the amount of wood that you load into the stove.

-SF

SlyFerret said:
Also related to #3, the amount of clothing they wear is inversely proportional to the amount of wood that you load into the stove.

-SF
holy fashizznitt. I never even thought of that. You are a bloody genius. This stove is gonna open a whole new door. :ahhh:

SlyFerret said:

-SF

Caveat ** Careful, watch for what happens when she loads the stove**

Wait 'til you have burned as long as I have :) For only 1 year though, I would say you are much smarter than me! :roll:

gd9704 said:
3. Women get used to a 78 degree living room very quickly, and begin to demand it be that way every day....

That is my wife and my daughter for sure. The new saying from my wife is "Get it warm before it gets cold". Or another way to say it, keep it mid 70's and dont even THINK of going into the lower 70's.

gd9704 said:
A few observations early into my first year with an insert......

1. Make sure the kitchen vent hood is OFF when trying to start a fire. :ahhh:

2. Super Cedars ARE super.

4. (Related to no. 3) You only THINK you have enough wood.

5. (Related to no. 4) You become obsessed with finding more wood.

6. Why didn't I have an insert put in 10 years ago?

More to come, I'm sure...... ;-)

Only 6 on the list?!!! Wait a few years and you'll add greatly to that. Also on the ladies and the clothing, that is one of the things we judge the heat of our house. If the females are not removing clothing, it is time to add wood to the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.