What type of stove is this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

josserman

Hearth Supporter
Sep 7, 2010
Fairfield County
This came with my the house I just bought, is this a pellet or wood burning stove?

Thanks!

index.jpg

index.jpg

index.jpg

index.jpg

index.jpg

index.jpg

index.jpg

index.jpg

index.jpg

index.jpg

Looks a bit like a Waterford. Take a mirror and get a shot of the UL label on the back of the stove. That should have the maker of the stove listed there.

You have my curiosity piqued. The stove looks almost new. Very nice looking.

Wood burner

I don't know what kind of stove it is, but it's most certainly a woodburner, and not a pellet stove. The thing you pulled out & pictured in your hand is one of two andirons to keep splits from rolling into the front window as the fire burns. The drawer on the bottom must be an ash pan, but I can't tell you how to use it (other than cautioning you to not put anything combustible or of value in there, if you're going to use this stove). The door on the right side is a side loading door for the firebox, pretty much useless the way the stove's intalled. More information will follow, I'm sure. It sure is RED! Rick

Great thanks guys! The company who makes this is Waterford who no longer distributes in N.A. I found an email to ask them questions about these unites, but seemed like it went to a vendor, hopefully they will have an idea. I had been told by a friend that it was a pellet stove, but there was not trace of pellets left at the house, instead huge piles of wood, that I doubt so much wood was used for the other fireplaces in the house as they are not common living areas.

I would love to use this stove. Other then finding some sort of flu to open and not opening that ash drawer when it's hot any other suggestions?

josserman said:
Great thanks guys! The company who makes this is Waterford who no longer distributes in N.A. I found an email to ask them questions about these unites, but seemed like it went to a vendor, hopefully they will have an idea. I had been told by a friend that it was a pellet stove, but there was not trace of pellets left at the house, instead huge piles of wood, that I doubt so much wood was used for the other fireplaces in the house as they are not common living areas.

I would love to use this stove. Other then finding some sort of flu to open and not opening that ash drawer when it's hot any other suggestions?

Ah thanks for the confirmation. I thought it looked like a Waterford Trinity. The stove looks almost brand new. Treat it well and you could get many years of burning out of it. Burn dry wood and like Dave said, don't overfire it. Get a thermometer for the stove top and keep it under 700 on the griddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.