What wood is the worst to split

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
detmurds said:
Madrona is the very worst if not split after cutting into rounds! ....I approve of President Bush.....many of you will too when it is all said and done.

Sounds like you really, really like things hard to split. :coolsmile:

detmurds said:
Madrona is the very worst if not split after cutting into rounds! ....I approve of President Bush.....many of you will too when it is all said and done.

That has to win some sort of non-sequitur award, even for here. But I guess someone has to be in that 30% they keep talking about. All I can say is, don't hold your breath.

Madrona is easy when green, much harder when it's had a chance to dry. But not particularly stringy like elm. The power splitter made short work of our load the other weekend.

(please keep the politics out of the hearth. take it to the ash can if you're looking for a stump to stand on, or grind.)

Status
Not open for further replies.