What would you add to your stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magical clear glass stove pipe and chimney so we could monitor it for creosote with a glance, plus it would be fun to watch. Boy do I need a life!!! Seriously, an easy way to raise the stove up 16-18 inches for a better view of the fire. That is the one thing We would do differently with the install, we would place the stove on a very raised hearth.

Mr Gamma put the 13 on both the ped and legs....thought he was crazy, but it improves the view of the secondaries from the papasson chair (you know the big circle chair at pier 1 thats close to the ground and encompasses your body like your in someone's palm of their hand), you got to experience it.....ped and legs good thing for us....

I would love a digital thermometer with a stove top sensor so I can just mount it on the wall and see it from across the room. I hate getting off the couch to check.....temp gauge. Similar to the clock below.

images

I have to ask whether a cook top/oven would work better flush to the stove top, or elevated by a scoshe?

about 10x more thermal mass,water jacket,oven and a padded kneeler just in front to make reloading more comfy.

I would add all the parts to my 12 to make it a 13. That's not much help to you, now is it? If I had a 13 I'd probably wish I had a bigger firebox, like a 30.

in terms of adding other stuffs, i can't help you out. I just need the thing to make me warmer.

You could add an ammonia cooled fridge to the woodstove. It would be like a large propane fired frigde. It could be used to cool the keg.

Matt

Ok, I just can't hold my tonque...........
how do I phrase this...........hmmmmmmm keep it G, keep it G...........
Am I the only one thinking it I'd like my stove to have appendages of female body parts? And definitely not with mouth sewn shut!
Ok, I am the resident pig, or Hog actually snort snort.....
Ugga Ugga Ugga!

Feel free to delete mods. You know me, I just gotta say what I'm thinking. At least it was not in graphic detail. *grins*

Well, if it's arms you're thinking of, that would solve the "self-loader" thing!

Beetle-Kill said:
Well, if it's arms you're thinking of, that would solve the "self-loader" thing!

Hmm, sure ok, throw a set of arms on also ;-)

DHW jacket. Overfire alarm for flue and stove temps with a large LED display. Another cubic foot and thermostatic controlled primary and secondary. I like the secondary tubes idea. Top loader, top griddle insert like the Harman Oakwood as well as pizza stones. Ok, that's good. That's it.

Remkel said:
What would I add--oh the questions,,,hmmm:

1- two stainless steel pans to boil sap
2- A small area for pistol shooting
3- A cook top- along with a cook
4- Hula dancing dolls on each corner
5- Christmas lights
6- BrowningBar's auto loader
7- a flat screen tv on the pipe.

When I pictured this setup it had one of those old `Hamm's--the beer refreshing' bar signs with a cool blue sky and a rippling lake in the northwoods on the wall above the stove.

Okay, that's it. Hogz is ready for a new girlfriend, and he clearly needs some help here. I'm pretty sure that having a relationship with your stove is illegal even in Pennsylvania. Mourning is officially over, bud. We're throwing open the curtains, tossing you in the shower, and taking a trash bag to the beer cans and pizza cartons and solitaire deck. C'mon, gang. Anybody got a sister? Cousin? Cousin's sister?

LOL, Actually, I have a new woman. We just turned 8 months together.
I just figured if I could have more on my Summit....... what the hell..... ;-)
She is hot as hell, and thinks just like me. Simply amazing!

Attachments

• SAM_3114.jpg
    SAM_3114.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 214
  • SAM_1572.jpg
    SAM_1572.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 215
Wow, you certainly do! Perfect. Now all you guys need is a kitten.

Nice lookin chic Hog....you guys make a rockin couple. Love the b/w pic.....By the way....I live in Pa. (not too far from Hog) and I am having a nice relationship with my stove.... :roll: Dig the ink Hog...gettin some new ink soon.... :cheese: small ink though... Boss man won't like......don't care.....I like to break the dress code....it's just my nature...

Thanks all. I am holding off on the animals for now. I am kind of liking not having pet fur all over the place.
I still visit the cats and dog we had at my ex's. We get along very well and I can visit the animals any time.
I see them about once a week or so, pet the cats, wrestle with the dog, and come home covered in fur.
Kinda like it that way for now.
Get the ink if you want it Gamma. I am about due for some more, not sure where yet.
I can cover mine if need be(funerals, wedding etc). But I still don't anyway.
Thinking maybe neck next time.
That B/W photo is my favorite, it is above Coulee Dam in WA. Was a great day to ride the hawg.

will pm you hog with the pic when I get it...and tell the story behind it....it's a good one...not appropriate to post here though...

GAMMA RAY said:
will pm you hog with the pic when I get it...and tell the story behind it....it's a good one...not appropriate to post here though...
Ok, sounds good.

I wish the Liberty was 3" deeper front to back. Then I could load all my wood N/S. I am trying to cut my wood shorter, but its hard for me to get used to. (The 8x13 addition with wood cook stove got approved for this summer so I don't need to add a cooktop to the Liberty)
Doug

pen said:
Thermostatic control so this thing would automatically open the draft back up as the fire dies to help the coals burn down.
pen

+1

Also a bigger firebox so I can load 24" logs

Jags said:
Hogz - whats a girl like that, doing with a guy like you? ;-P

Congrats, man.

Must be my neanderthal good looks LOL.
She likes the way I get my freak on LMAO.
I am a lucky Mofo.

Hogwildz said:
Must be my neanderthal good looks LOL.
She likes the way I get my freak on LMAO.
I am a lucky Mofo.

She doesn't look like she's going anywhere anytime soon.

Congrats--and happy to hear that things worked out w/ex so that you have shared custodial kittenship. Or whatever that's called. Looks like life is rolling your way. :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.