1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Whats a good fireplace insert?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Halligan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. BEConklin

BEConklin Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Connecticut
    Assuming the mantle and trim are made of wood it looks to me as though your friend might also run into problems with clearances between the mantle and whichever insert or stove he chooses. There are mantle shields - but they're pretty ugly in my opinion.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. FPX Dude

FPX Dude Member

Loc:
    Sacramento, CA
    wow, and your big challenge will be to keep that heat down below and not just going straight up to the upstairs and bedrooms I'm guessing. That fan looks like it'll help move the air. I can't tell what else is in the room, but I actually have something similar and run the ceiling fun in the "down" position to push the air back to the lower level. When running it feels like the a a hair dryer is blowing down back you, rather nice. Once you get a burner in there you'll figure it out!
  3. webby3650

webby3650 Master of Fire

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    He will be well over 3K for a BK with a liner.
    I don't see how your dealer could stay in business at those prices! The unit alone is pushing 3K around here! If he was selling you an entire liner kit, it was near cost.