What's a name?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mutt68

Dec 2, 2023
Hello,
I'm going to install a US Stove 1269U in my workshop with a metal roof. As stove pipe parts are arriving, I think I may have fell victim to the DuraTech, duravent, Dura Tech mistake. Are these the same company, two separate companies, and if so are they compatible?

Appreciate the help.

Companies.jpg

No mistake. DuraVent is the company. DuraTech is their 2 wall, insulated chimney pipe. Be sure to only use DuraTech chimney (not DuraPlus) with that support box. DuraVent DVL is their double-walled stove pipe. Note that the adapter may not fit the flue collar correctly. Measure the ID of the flue collar and compare with the OD of the crimped inner liner in the adapter.

Note that the US Stove 1269U is not allowed for home use. It's a cheap and hard to run stove that has a poor reputation. As an unlisted stove, it needs 36" from any combustible in all directions and substantial floor protection.

Last edited: