Whats the best process with the NC-30? Air control etc.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

udt89

Sep 19, 2010
long island
So I've had my stove for some time and feel I have done ok with it. I do feel like i am missing something.

I get the fire going with the door cracked and air control all the way open. Once its going I'll shut the door and the air control will be 1/4 open. The heat will last a decent amount of time, maybe 5 hours max? But the heat is definitely nothing to write home about.

The other day the air control was left open by accident with like 4-5 decent size logs in it and boy was it toasty :) But, the wood was gone in half the time.

So am I doing things right? I feel like I've gone through so much wood but I'm not getting the heat high enough or long enough as I should.

Thanks guys. I did search the forums and read around but not much mention of the nc-30 and specific burn instructions.

Search for 30-NC the model of the stove, not NC-30.

SlyFerret and me have expounded at length over time in threads about how to burn the big boy.

BrotherBart said:
SlyFerret and me have expounded at length over time in threads about how to burn the big boy.

Make a sticky!

Status
Not open for further replies.