When does the fuzzy feeling go away

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, I have always used one of those uotdoor wireless models from radio shack. They used to carry one that measures pools and spas-this is what I have. Now, it will only go up to 159F, but this is equal to 180 when contacted with pex pipe or steel(galvanized seems to be different) So right now I have the probe on one of my 500 gallon storage tanks, simply taped to the middle. Aluminum ductwork tape works well if you have any, then be sure to insulate around the probe.
Once the tank water starts to cool, it will show a temp again, and it seems to be about a 20 degree difference. This has really worked well for me over the past 3 years.

My first post, I can't stand trolling anymore.

The fuzzy feeling NEVER goes away. The house is warmer, the showers feel better and when you get home from work you look forward to gettin it fired up again. You look at trees and think...there is two wicked cold days worth of heat and comfort.

Installed my Tarm in 1978 and it is still a fine piece of equipment. I am now giving her a 550 gallon unpressurized storage roomate and am lurking on this forum to try and get my arms around the plumbing.

Carry on!

The fuzzy feeling came again last night. after a failed grundfos circ, a bad thermostat, an undersized grundfos changed out to a taco 1/8 hp circ, a missing automag, as in not there, well we do need it,I've finally gotten the tarm up to good stack temps 550 degrees. heat is now up to 158 at the top of the storage tank. Here come that fuzzy feeling again. It was 56 degrees today and I was hoping for colder temps. well maybe next week. sweetheat

Well, the rain is changing to snow here in eastern Ohio. Got home late this evening, and have not had a fire since last night, that one went out at 10:30. Tank temp still at 132 degrees, and the house is 72. Fired up the Eko, gasifying splendidly. Watched the Bond movie, and that was the only time period I have not thought about the heat for some time. Yup. Feeling fuzzy watching the seasoned wood in flames. By the way- the Bond movie was awsome.

Status
Not open for further replies.