When is burn time done?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fossil said:
Burn time's done when I can't get another drag without burning my fingers or my lips.

Alligator clip, man.

madrone said:
fossil said:
Burn time's done when I can't get another drag without burning my fingers or my lips.

Alligator clip, man.
Hemostat, curved.

I have come to see 'burn time' the same as square footage heated. If a manufacturer states 1000-2000 sq' it means 1000 in the dead of Jan-Feb in the coldest climates and 2000 in more moderate climates, etc. So, 'burn time' logically means appreciable heat necessary to heat YOUR home to YOUR comfort levels; which varies day by day, month by month throughout the season. If a continual fire is necessary, or if a bed of coals is all it takes, that is the burn cycle. I've added a couple splits already this morning, but now the sun is out and the stove can cruise to coals enough to start a fire later early evening.

Battenkiller said:
LLigetfa said:
madrone said:
fossil said:

Alligator clip, man.
Hemostat, curved.

Just eat the damn thing.

Do the "generational thing."
Save about 20 till you have enough to roll the first of your second generation.
Save this second generation till you have about 20 more for your third generation.
And so on, and so on,.....

Status
Not open for further replies.