1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

When you dont notice an unplugged hole in bottom of tank...

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by Coal Reaper, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Coal Reaper

Coal Reaper Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NJ
    ...tampoon it!!!

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Coal Reaper

Loc:
    NJ
    All seriousness aside, how do you guys clean your used tanks? They looked pretty clean when i picked them up. Idk if all the scale and rust bits fell off the sides during transport but by the time i got them off the trailer there was better than an inch of crud in the bottom. Filling halfway with water and flushed did nothing but make everything soggy. Ended up affixing a 1" copper pipe to shop vac and sucking everything out through holes. Worked well but each tank took an hour. First pc is about 5" in bottom of shop vac. Second is the reason why i was wondering how the hose was getting so heavy!

Attached Files:

3. henfruit

henfruit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Hampshire-Maine border
    You are going to have to cut 2 openings in the bottom for your retun lines.When you have those cut in you can flush through them.
  4. Coal Reaper

Loc:
    NJ
    Two inch hole must not allow enough flow to move everythig. I woildnt want to cut anything bigger if i didnt need to. I was able to stick the vacuum rod in real nice from the end. They are very clean now.

Attached Files:

5. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    I used a pressure washer with a long wand with a bend in it. Mine were pretty clean to start with though.