Whence ya got yer snow moved, yer fuel in, and ya burn on . . .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

Your choices if ya stop in tonight are
10405.jpg

or a 12-year version of
whisky20auction20-205020year20old20macallan.jpg

Currently no American
knob-creek-bourbon.jpg

Canada hasn't been represented here since I was little more than a teen-ager. What exactly do they blend it with that gives me such acid reflux?
517938075JdxFhI_fs.jpg

In any event, relax after some hard work keepin the family warm and dry

Jimbo

As an Ambassitor to Makers Mark I would have to insist you add some to the cabinet. winter wheat is a nice flavor, in particular the winter time...

Not a good night....we are out of sauce and I don't think my MRs's will like me driving to the packy to buy some sauce......really would like to have some after cleaning up the driveway all say. Have a glass for me please!

Ohhh, nice! I'll take a glass of the Macallan please:)

I'll take a big ole' dram of The Macallan please!
Have you ever actually tasted that 50YO stuff? Doubt I'll ever have the pleasure to taste something that pricey...
My current stock is: A 1L bottle of Bowmore 12 year single-malt that I found at the Duty Free shop for $48!! I think they must've miss-priced it. It is much smokier and not as smooth as Macallan.

Your Canadian content comes up as a Red X on my end? I might sip on a glass of Crown Royal on rocks from time to time, but Rye doesn't really do it for me. As far as I know there are few restrictions on what can go in Canadian Rye Whisky, not like scotch or bourbon. Artificial flavour & colour, doesn't even have to contain Rye.

I also enjoy a good Anejo Tequila for sipping. Fav so far is Herradura and I might go for that over a 12 year especially in summer. Don't try this with Cuervo :shut:

yooperdave said:
sure hope that you don't dilute that...with anything...including ice!
I dunno, a few drops of clean water or even a small piece of ice (like 1/4 cube or less) can be nice.

Rare breed turkey for me Pleassssssse!

midwestcoast said:
yooperdave said:
I dunno, a few drops of clean water or even a small piece of ice (like 1/4 cube or less) can be nice.

guess you could look at it that way, but, isn't the distilling process to remove water???!!!!!!!!

Nearly all whiskey is distilled to be dilluted down. it comes out of the still at 200 proof or very close to, after aging its watered down to get to the 80 - 90 - 100 thats its bottled at. they only use distilled and I recommend. I am an ice fan myself, but not too much, large cube, dont break it. The water is optional however, for tasting I never add water.

yooperdave said:
midwestcoast said:
yooperdave said:

guess you could look at it that way, but, isn't the distilling process to remove water???!!!!!!!!

Almost all scotch is diluted to 80 proof but some isn't (around 180 proof) and the distillery recommends you dilute the undiluted with up to 50% water. Of course you don't have to but you wouldn't be able to taste a lot of the subtleties drinking it undiluted since diluting it "opens it up" a bit.

woodmeister said:
i may have had a bourbon or two and a touch of water or one cube helps release the flavors in the mash, ain't nothing like a little Makers on a snowy night.

+1 on the 2nd drink (if the first one is tall)

wee dram of Macallan neat,please. :coolsmile:

smokinjay said:
woodmeister said:
i may have had a bourbon or two and a touch of water or one cube helps release the flavors in the mash, ain't nothing like a little Makers on a snowy night.

I mean if your serving up another round....

Stump_Branch said:
smokinjay said:
woodmeister said:

Oh its a 2 drink min. who you kidding! lol

smokinjay said:
Stump_Branch said:
smokinjay said:
woodmeister said:

Sheeeep..... I knew I must be sitting at the big boys table.

Stump_Branch said:
smokinjay said:
Stump_Branch said:
smokinjay said:
woodmeister said:

Oh thats a quick way to figure it out one triple does not get you out of a 2 drink min.

smokinjay said:
Stump_Branch said:
smokinjay said:
Stump_Branch said:
smokinjay said:
woodmeister" date="1294900731 said:

Oh thats a quick way to figure it out one triple does not get you out of a 2 drink min.

Ah 2 per round eh? knew I was getting in deep

If you are into Knob try Bakers...a next step up....or top shelf Bookers.

Attachments

• Burbon.jpg
    Burbon.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 235
  • Burbonlable.jpg
    Burbonlable.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 190
Mike821 said:
If you are into Knob try Bakers...a next step up....or top shelf Bookers.

never seen that one before. Rare breed wild turkey is 108 proof

We did a taste test last night . . . 101 Turkey and 101 Rye Turkey. Both excellent. I prefer the Rye.

Makes me feel bad for newbies. The first year and a half with my wood-fired hydronic I couln't have a drink 'cause the next emergency was 20 minutes or less away. Ahhh, the learning curve.

Oh, and Lee ya need to meet different tie/shirt types. Straight-up all the way here :)

It's gonna be even colder tonight! Rock On!!

Status
Not open for further replies.