where are the good pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dude

Jan 30, 2009
NY
This is my first year with my old whitfield pellet stove . I found it in a garage where it had been for quite a while. After figuring out how it worked I took it completely apart and cleaned it as best I could . It was rusted beyond belief and still is . Anyway , I love this thing . I have been burning pellets from home depot since october and they have been great . They are called "fireside ultra" from canada. Well home depot no longer has these pellets when I went the other day. They now have "rocky mountain pellet company " pellets , which are really not good , I am really not liking the way these burn AT ALL. So the question is where in the tri state area ny nj ct can I get those good old canadian pellets . Given the chance I will buy a pallet next time.

They are called “fireside ultra” from canada
I agree with you, they are nice burning pellets no issues.
Don't know from which HD you got yours. I got mine from CT. as all the other HD have at present times pellets from which you know they are just *&^%*&^%
You have to call on an almost daily basis to find out which ones they have in stock, it changes constantly.

I had the reverse effects from the 2 pellet brands mentioned above. I like the rocky mountain pellets and thiught the firesides left to many clinkers and ash. The rockys have little to no fines and burn well. I have been burning them for 2 weeks now and have only had to clean the stove and glass 1x.

Hi and thanx , where in ct did you find them , I am thinking about driving to albany tomorrow , 200 miles r/t as I am told they have them there. Unfortunately my truck can only hold 1000 pounds .
BTW my air damper metal plate is rusted open , I am thinking if I can get it closed a lil I might get a cleaner burn with these crummy pellets
It was perfect with the GOOD pellets , once you got the fire started
any ideas on getting that damper free , maybe a little pb blaster rust disolver , oh and it is a whitfield advantage

Just saw your reply , funny the glass has been staying cleaner with the rocky mountain brand , but the heat output has been terrible and the ash has doubled over the firesides
Go figure huh. If you told me last year I would be spending this time playing with this stove I wouldnt have believed you. Got to say good pellets or bad pellets I really enjoy trying to get this thing to work properly .

I burned a ton of fireside from home depot.No problems at all other than on nights below 20 tough to keep up good heat 25-30 no problem room at 73-74.I use them when its a little warmer and use the Rocky mt when its below 20 they trow off a little more heat.The absolute best out of 5 brands so far are Lignetics then Hammer hot ones.

Did you try Home and Hearth in Cortland Manor Rt 6 (Main Street) ,there is also a another stove not far from there in Mahopac don't remember the name I think it"s called Fire Glow

Hi
no, I dont know either one of those places
but now this lignetitics and hammers that investor is using have me interested
where can I get them .........anyone know

They have New England and Cubex call before you go to Albany you never know what they have in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.