where can I buy sheets of firebrick that I can cut to fit my pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericwest

Dec 17, 2012
my stove is old...and no way to find replacement custom firebrick panels....right now it has some fibrous material on the back and sides of the firebox....I am not sure if the brick has flaked off...or if it never had the brick look...maybe just this lightweight fibrous foam like insulation...I dont know..its a horizon eclipse..anyway I was thinking I could just cut some panels from a sheet of firebrick if knew where to buy it...if its too expensive I guess maybe I could find an old propane fireplace or fireplace insert someone has thrown out . and maybe use the firebrick panels and cut them to fit my stove...

any advice would be great...thanks...

Ceramic Fiber Board is found from several dealers online.

What stove do you have? Maybe someone can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.