Where can I get replacement refractory pieces for Lopi Leyden?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

supapally

Hearth Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
Maine
Hi.
My refractory brick pieces are cracking and need to be patched or replaced (probably replacement is due.) I did an overhaul today and the top center corner crumbled off. So now I have to do something about it. I didn't see that they were available on their web site. I will contact the local dealer, but I may be headed for a wait. If there's a better way to get these, I'd like to be redirected.
-paul

Did you try a general web search? I see all kinds of these on different sites, maybe you could find something that would work, unless they are custom sized. You didn't post a picture, so it's hard telling what you need.

Hi Paul, just replaced mine, the dealer where I bought the stove told me there were problems with the cast firebrick.Travis is replacing them with cast iron ones and he had them in stock, no charge They are covered under their 7 yr warranty--John

They look nice but are not required to operate the stove...strictly decorative.

Thanks for the quick replies, gents. I have contacted my local shop. I will see what he says tomorrow. I realize they are decorative, but the air flow goes up and to the sides, so these are required from my view. I would think the steel plates would carbonize quickly if they weren't there to take the most of the heat stress. Is that not correct?
-paul

Mine doesn't have any .So I would say it works with out them .Cosmetic .

Status
Not open for further replies.