Where is Eric Johnson? and Gooserider?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - I didn't remember whether you were a software guy or not. I figured if you were, the emerging Android / tablet space might offer some interesting diversions. Not necessarily as part of a system for yourself, but as a learning experience and challenge. You have to be pretty hard-core at this point in the evolution of these gadgets, though.

I'm with you on the whole touchpad mouse issue, though I've adapted to the iPhone (mostly). The Nook is surprisingly nice, though typing on it is not a joyful experience.

I think eric iheard eric liked to get paid for what he would comment on?? Just Saying.

I've never been bashed before on an Internet message board, so this is a first. I really don't know what this clown is talking about. Just say'n.

I'm wondering what happened to my friend nofossil. Also, sorry to hear about Gooserider's accident. Way tragic, but it happens all too often, unfortunately. The woods is a dangerous place to be. All the best to our Guzzi-riding friend.

I'm doing OK. Thanks to everyone & sorry about leaving without much fanfare, but cancer will change your priorities pretty quick. After five major surgeries and a whole boatload of chemo and radiation, the odds still are not in my favor, but I continue to live a full, active life which includes plenty of editing, firewood cutting and burning, bicycling, gardening and XC skiing (when it snows). It may kill me at some point, but it hasn't really slowed me down, nor do I expect it to in the foreseeable future.

Here's my advice, for what it's worth: Live your life like it's going to be a long one, because it just might be, and then you'll be glad you did. In other words, don't let your fears and anxieties (and survival statistics) limit your enjoyment of life or cramp your style. Just live it like you mean it.

EDIt: Looks like nofossil just changed his handle to reflect one of his passions. Good to see you, Bill.

Reactions: GAMMA RAY
Great advice Eric and glad to see you back here this summer. I think some of our "handles" reverted back to our original login info with the new website. I have no stake or interest in HP but I like their new marketing commercials where the punch line is "If you're going to do something, make it matter". I often getting frustrated with my 5 & 7 yr old for putting out less than a 100% effort and work hard on getting them to go outside to do the things I did when I was that age.

For awhile there, Jimbo, I got by through staying active: physically active, mentally active, and of course, radio active.

The only radiation I get these days is regular CT scans. Mostly, I'm chemically active with chemo, but that's all ending in about two weeks. Then, hopefully, I'll get my mojo back.

Hey, you might want to steer clear of Old Forge for the rest of the summer. Apparently they're dropping like flies up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.