where is there 'true' advertised pricing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilmbg

Hearth Supporter
I have been looking for an enamel wood stove-nonct. At the bottom of Hearth.com pages is an advertiser that says '50% off', and takes you to www.smarter.com site. Then there are Napolean stoves listed at $1100 (+/-). When you click on the price, it takes you to www.studentmarket.com, and when I called, the price is now $1400(+/-)! This is the same as in the stores- is there anyplace that is truly a good price? For any brand? Seems very deceiving to me.... It is the 'leading' that I hate- seems like cheating.

You should be aware that blowers are an extra. and oh, yes in many cases for inserts so are the door, or doors-- as if they are any f)*&^%ING good without them. Just goes to show that ripoff artists ain`t confined to new-car showrooms. :)

sonnyinbc said:
You should be aware that blowers are an extra. and oh, yes in many cases for inserts so are the door, or doors-- as if they are any f)*&^%ING good without them. Just goes to show that ripoff artists ain`t confined to new-car showrooms. :)

Hey, hey that is no way to speak of our sponsors :red:

Status
Not open for further replies.