Where to buy - cat for Earth Stove BV400C

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHMike

Hearth Supporter
Sep 27, 2008
SW New Hampshire
Hi All,

I own an Earth Stove BV400C. I replaced the cat in this unit 7 years ago and it's time again, only this time I'm having trouble finding what I need. The store I purchased the last one through is now out of business, and Lennox no longer supports Earth Stoves. The cat in my stove is 15" x 2.5" x 3" deep and surrounded on all sides except the back by a metal can (not just stainless wrap). Last time I was able to purchase the entire unit, container with cat/gasket all pre-installed. I'm looking for a resource in which I could find that again. Any Earth Stove owners out there know where to still find this unit? Thanks in advance.

The "can" has slotted openings in the front where the smoke enters the cat. That's the best way I can think of to describe it. The can itself is a little warped so I'm not sure how removing the gasket and cat, then replacing with new ones is going to work out. I'd rather try and get the whole unit if it's still sold somewhere.

Thanks for the reply. I was searching myself through some of those sites as well, but it looks like they only offer the replacement for the combustor honeycombs themselves. I'm trying to find a resource somewhere that sells the whole unit....combustor, gasket, housing. I was able to find this in 2002 but at that time Lennox was still selling parts. Unfortunately they no longer are. I've attached a couple of pics of wht I'm searching for. If anyone knows where to pick one up, that would be cool. If not, I'll have to see if I can straighten out the housing. Thanks!

Mike

Attachments

• Where to buy - cat for Earth Stove BV400C
    1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,253
  • Where to buy - cat for Earth Stove BV400C
    2.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1,204
NHMike said:
Thanks for the reply. I was searching myself through some of those sites as well, but it looks like they only offer the replacement for the combustor honeycombs themselves. I'm trying to find a resource somewhere that sells the whole unit....combustor, gasket, housing. I was able to find this in 2002 but at that time Lennox was still selling parts. Unfortunately they no longer are. I've attached a couple of pics of wht I'm searching for. If anyone knows where to pick one up, that would be cool. If not, I'll have to see if I can straighten out the housing. Thanks!

Mike

It looks like some of the sites have at least a steel casing that holds the two combustors together, although I can't tell if that is the same as what you are calling the housing. They should also have the gasket material that would go around the housing.

Good luck.

Thanks again for the replies. I called a couple places and the combustors that are "canned" are surrounded on 4 sides by a steel band. Researching further, mine calls for an "uncanned" combustor. In theory I'm supposed to remove the old combustor/gasket from the metal housing and slide in the new one. That looks pretty cool on paper. I'm wondering how much fun it will be in real life. My housing is a little warped but should still be workable. It's just a heck of a lot easier to get the all-in-one package (if you can find it).

I have the same stove, live in NH and my name is Mike. small world. The other day I was reloading the stove and the combustor actually fell into the firebox! I guess the retaining clip failed somehow. Anyway, the combustor has a few cracks/missing cells. so I want to replace it, but the can is also warped a little. I'm affraid that a new, uncanned combustor will not fit in there very well. How did it go for you to insert the combustor into a warped can? or did you find somewhere that sells the all in one package? mine is the later model post 1990 that takes the larger combustor.

lennox dealers still carry the housing and gasket
not cheap though.

we have them in stock, includes housing and gasket
part number 14000 Combustor Assembly 3" (*SN>7802) - Includes ceramics, gasket & housing

i can offer a tiny discount if you want/cant find it for cheaper elsewhere

this is assuming you aren't replacing the escc(2" for s/n<7802) they are not avail!!(maybe from after-market sources, but not w the proper gasket of housing perhaps?)

I have owned a Earth Stove since 1999. I have a problem which I need help on. The catalytic combustor kit keeps falling out of the holder on the stove itself. The secondary air tube does not hold the combustor in place. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.