1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

WHERES THE BEST DEAL ON A NEW STORAGE TANK?

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by tug hill rook, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tug hill rook

tug hill rook New Member

Loc:
    northern ny
    I will be installing the EKO 60. What is the least I can expect to pay for a new ,made for, store bought 1,000 gal. storage tank? (and where) My questions are always easy! Thanks, THR

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. leaddog

leaddog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hesperia, Michigan
    It depends on where you want to put it. Probably the cheapest is a used propane tank, but they are hard to get in a basement. They are easy to hook up as they don't require any heat ex. I've been investigating several posibitys and have located some alluminum tanks but the cost of shipping gets in the way. Tarm has there system and it seems to work but is pricey. maybe some one will be able to help.
    leaddog
  3. muleman51

muleman51 Member

Loc:
    SE Minnesota
    leaddog - If you use a propane tank are you using them as closed system and you will need a large pressure tank, right? Are you plumbing the propane tanks in line or on some sort of bypass.
  4. leaddog

leaddog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hesperia, Michigan
    Yes I would use them as a closed system and you will need a expantion tank but that is easy to do using a water heater or like type tank. There is a thread on here someplace on how to do that. There is also several different ways to plumb depending on your situation. there are lots of threads also on that.
    leaddog
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.