Whew - Overfired!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Midwest
Not in the classical sense of getting the stove metal too hot, but dang! I was working in the kitchen to prepare a nice homemade meal for the wife's birthday and had a nice little fire of small sticks going to take the chill off. I knew she would be home soon, so I chucked a log on the fire so it would be nice and pretty when she got here. After that, I looked at the thermometer and noticed that outdoors is still at 50F. Now it is hitting 91F in the stove room and 88F at the other end of the house!

Just goes to show that a good wood burner should keep one eye on the weather and one eye on the stove!

Corey

Been there and done that. It's so nice opening the windows and letting that fresh December breeze blow in. Last week I had the bedroom window open all night and it was still 66 when I got up in the morning. I love wood heat.

Hahahahaha, I think we all have stories like that!!!

I did the same this past weekend. It was a really mild night, but I forgot about that when I was running the stove. Stove temp was hovering around 525-550 for a couple hours, next thing you know the living room is 85 and the upstairs is 78. We slept with the bedroom windows cracked, the ceiling fan running, and no covers. We we got up in the morning, the bedroom was still 71 and the living room was still 73.

Sheesh, never thought I would be sleeping with the windows open in the middle of December :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.