WHEW! The hot summer sun was blazing in the office today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
A little less than $75 worth of wood in this dead black oak.
IMG_0072%2520%25281024x768%2529-723867.jpg

You can see the oak saplings every where....Wow!

loon said:
where the heck is the jug of water quads??

looking hot for sure and good for you.. ;-)

loon
Over there, in the background shade, on the ATV.

Ha, I'm not sure how good it is for me, been doing it almost daily for most of my life, but it beats watching TV!

DexterDay said:
smokinjay said:
You can see the oak saplings every where....Wow!

WOW!!! They are Everywhere!!!! Nice...
Yes. That 'clearing' used to be covered in larger oaks. It is one of the spots that got hit hard by the tornado years ago and the young trees are filling it back in now.

That can't be an office; I don't see a single brown-nosin' paper-pusher wasting time on a smart phone, just a guy doing some actual work. :lol:

HA! My other office is the business end of a cow.....!

Good for you quads for keeping up the work. Do the mosquitoes feast on you while doing this? They are really bad here this year as we've had so much standing water. Lots of fields will not get planted this year too and lots of drowned out corn and beans.

$75 for that oak is great.

Backwoods Savage said:
Good for you quads for keeping up the work. Do the mosquitoes feast on you while doing this? They are really bad here this year as we've had so much standing water. Lots of fields will not get planted this year too and lots of drowned out corn and beans.

I've hardly seen any mosquitos so far this year over in Mt (hopefully I didn't just curse myself by saying that)... seems odd, especially considering all the extra water we have sitting around this year... maybe it's been because of the cool weather...

nice lookin' firewood there, quads- looks like work in that heat!

Jags said:
You can't split wood like that - it'll never work. :coolsmirk:

+1 that swing is just All Wrong! ;-)

smokinjay said:
Jags said:

Haha! You could be more right than you know. I'm always alone in the woods, so I set the timer on the camera and was just standing there posing, wasn't actually swinging.

Mt Ski Bum said:
Backwoods Savage said:

I've hardly seen any mosquitos so far this year over in Mt (hopefully I didn't just curse myself by saying that)... seems odd, especially considering all the extra water we have sitting around this year... maybe it's been because of the cool weather...

nice lookin' firewood there, quads- looks like work in that heat!
There are no mosquitoes here. We are a long way from any significant amount of water or swamps so most years we are mosquito-free! We have an extra crop of ticks this year though, but they generally stay off of me while I'm working. I only get ticks when I'm walking the dogs etc.

quads said:
smokinjay said:
Jags said:

Haha! You could be more right than you know. I'm always alone in the woods, so I set the timer on the camera and was just standing there posing, wasn't actually swinging.

Lol I have seen your swing many times, Thats not it! Just wonder what kinda of tonnage your swinging?

Quads, do you ever wear shorts? I know there are more issues with bugs and thorns but it sure keeps me alot cooler.

smokinjay said:
Lol I have seen your swing many times, Thats not it! Just wonder what kinda of tonnage your swinging?
6 lbs.!

quads said:
smokinjay said:
6 lbs.!

lol, 6lbs and you swing I would call 22 ton! :cheese:

GolfandWoodNut said:
Quads, do you ever wear shorts? I know there are more issues with bugs and thorns but it sure keeps me alot cooler.
No. I'd be a bloody mess. Quite often am scratched up anyway, the thorns get me right through my overalls.

smokinjay said:
HA! Yup, I don't have any trouble splitting wood. Helped a friend and his family on Saturday. He was cutting, his wife and daughter were loading splits, and I was splitting. He remarked; "Who needs a hydraulic splitter with quads around!" After awhile I had to keep stopping and waiting for him to get ahead of me again with the saw, because I could split faster than he could cut.

quads said:
smokinjay said:
HA! Yup, I don't have any trouble splitting wood. Helped a friend and his family on Saturday. He was cutting, his wife and daughter were loading splits, and I was splitting. He remarked; "Who needs a hydraulic splitter with quads around!" After awhile I had to keep stopping and waiting for him to get ahead of me again with the saw, because I could split faster than he could cut.

Never seen a splitter crew (in the case a man recking machine) Keep up with a saw! :cheese: AWESOME!

smokinjay said:
quads said:
smokinjay said:

Never seen a splitter crew (in the case a man recking machine) Keep up with a saw! :cheese: AWESOME!

It was a Poulan Wild thing with a dull chain. Nuff said. :lol:

Jags said:
smokinjay said:
quads said:
smokinjay said:

Thank You! couldnt rap my head around that til Now! :lol:

smokinjay said:
Jags said:
smokinjay said:
quads said:
smokinjay said:

If even Quads could keep up with my 288XP & razor-filed chain,I'd buy him a 16 gallon keg of his favorite beer. :lol:

Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Jags said:
smokinjay said:
quads said:
smokinjay" date="1309217603 said:

If even Quads could keep up with my 288XP & razor-filed chain,I'd buy him a 16 gallon keg of his favorite beer. :lol:

You better grab some elm, because that oak I think he may just be that Good! :coolhmm: Last count I heard was north of 25 cords this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.