WHICH SIZE HEARTHSTONE?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the Equinox is 29" high and my opening is 30 3/4", I will only have 1 3/4 inch on top. Is that enough space? We don't plan to stay in this house a long time either, but we want to take whatever stove we buy with us. That's another consideration with the Equinox. It takes 4 men to carry it. I think it might be too big to bother with. That's why the Jotul is looking better. Easier install on the hearth and easier to move. The Jotul Firelight is comparable to the Mansfield in heat output. It looks good too!

can you get shorter legs?- i don't think i have seen them listed

you might play with some cardboard to see how it would look

would the heat shield be blocked by that opening?

again make sure you can fully open the side door on the firelight- i measured at the store
and the door extends about 13.5" to the right of the feet and the back of the handle is 19" from the front of the feet when the door is at a right angle

I have 20" from the front edge of my hearth to the brick around the opening. I measured the legs and they are 18" front to back. If I put the stove on the front edge that would give me enough space to open the door 90 degrees plus a tiny bit more.

Bigg_Redd. You suggested Pacific Energy Summit. I was just on their website and I could find any soapstone products. Did I look in the wrong place? I saw the Alerlea T6, which is a nice looking cast iron stove, but they didn't give any detailed specs, such as where vented, if switchable, firebox size, etc. The cooktop was a handy feature. Lifetime warranty nice.

the summit is a steel stove, i believe the t6 has the firebox surrounded by a cast shell so it is part convective part radiant

dimensions are in the manual on page 6
http://www.pacificenergy.net/PDF/manuals/T4-5-6-261107-28(W).pdf

looks like it is 20.25 inches from front of the ashlip to the center of the top exit- because it front loads i would want some hearth to catch ash

the convection would help spread heat despite being in the opening

jugarf said:
Bigg. You suggested Pacific Energy Summit. I was just on their website and I could find any soapstone products. Did I look in the wrong place? I saw the Alerlea T6, which is a nice looking cast iron stove, but they didn't give any detailed specs, such as where vented, if switchable, firebox size, etc. The cooktop was a handy feature. Lifetime warranty nice.

Bigg Red is just taking another jab at us soapstone lovers, he secretly wants to be just like us but just won't admit it. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.