Which Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Night_Fire

Oct 10, 2009
Wild West
Hi guys, I looking for some advise on a new wood stove and Id thought I would have you help me out. I am heating a 36x40 shop around 1500 sq. foot. I am looking for a wood stove, and I cant decide if I should go with a Buck 74 or the Englander 30-NCH. I only burn pine and spruce because that is about the only type of wood we have around here. I will be working in the shop maybe 1-2 nights a week, but all day on saturdays and sundays. I will only burn 24/7 on the week ends, not during the week. Please let me know what you woodburners would do. Thanks

Either or should do the job.

Thanks for the Reply, is one better then the other. The Englander is for about a 1000 and the buck is going for about 2400. Pros and Cons of either one?

The price on the Buck seems high. Even so, I don't think you will find a stove that competes with the Englander for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.