Which woodfire box to get for this setup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gravy

Jan 9, 2010
KY
Hey all, my first post. Great place here.

I am looking for a wood-burning fireplace.

I have a 79" corner wall that already has a 36" propane log setup. It has to go. I have too much wood in the back lot and I like to recreation burn.

Given this, what is the suggested size of the wood burning fireplace I should get. Not doing masonry, so will have to be a box. Also not doing a stove since I like the sight and occasional smell and stoking. I have a mantel already with a 47"w X 40.5" h opening. Then there is travertine tile with an opening of 37.5"w X 28.625"h opening for the propane log insert box that you see in this photo:

LOOK HERE:

gravyOriginalFireplace.jpg

The wall is built-in and spreads across the corner of my living room and is 79" across. I am willing to strip the wall of the mantel and propane log box and start over with the same 79" across corner wall.

I think the 42" might be the largest or maybe even 36" is the largest I can get in there. I will have someone install the unit with straight up stove pipe. Just need to know what unit size I can shop around for on the internet. I would get the unit then have it installed. Below is the corner wall diagram.

I can move any of the speaker components of course.

Thanks for any suggestions on the fireboxes. Also looking for a quality product. I suspect masonry would be outrageous cost.

Lay out the existing set-up TO SCALE on graph paper.
Once you do, you'll be able see how much room you have behind the
diagonal wall & then you can research which units will fit your dimensions.
Also check the specifics for the unit you have in there now & compare
that to what's available on the market.
Gas boxes tend to be way shallower than the ZC wood burning units, &
you may hafta tear EVERYTHING out & start over.

http://www.heatnglo.com/downloads/installManuals/4013_251.PDF

This is a smaller 36" Heat n Glo firebox & it shows 85" min across the diagonal
for a corner install

Status
Not open for further replies.