White hot heat!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stillersnut

Hearth Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
south central pa.
Winter is back (for now), been burning my cold weather supply of Hammers. The heat is unbelievable!! Outside temp is 20 & falling, inside cabin is 78. I have noticed with this white hot flame, a almost chalk like residue inside the stove, when I do a cleaning. This is the hottest batch of pellets I've ever burned, and it doesn't seem to effect performance of stove. Any thoughts on this white chalk?? It almost covers entire inside of stove. The heat is awesome, and temps I get are record breaking. Well over 300 degrees on med. I've only experienced this with this super white hot heat. Just curious what the pellet pros think? Thanks to all.

loved hamers, when I lived in CT I could get them.... sent the plant in WV an email to see where the closest dealer is to me. I am burning CUBEX now it 10.9f outside and falling house is basically 64-68 depending what room 70 in stove room. Cubex have heavy ash but well worth it BTU wise compared to anythig else I've found in CNY. Hamers site say they have two plants one nearly 100% oak and the other some kind of hardwood mix.check which you have.

Any new yorkers kow where I could find hamers?

I'm burning the ultra prems from elkins plant. Sure wish I could get my hands on some cubex. They are on my pellet wish list, along with okies, uncle jeds, and many more Canadian pellets. I live too far south & can't find them. I do have many harwood choices, living in the heart of the Appalacian mtns.

Status
Not open for further replies.