whitfieald profile 30 wont stay on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dom

Sep 9, 2015
hazelton,bc
hi i have a whitfield model 30 pellet stove. not running to good.ever. last yr it worked on the lowest settings n was ok. has new high limit switches. new photo eye. cleaned it. it will ignite and turn off after 20 mins on low. doesn't last long at all on higher settings. i cleaned the photo eye. also kinda curious why it isnt looking through the glass that is located on top of the auger it kinda just points at steel. isnt it supposed to moniter the flame and heat? winters coming so better figure it out. thanks

Whifield dropped the photo eye system and went back to a snap disc in the exhaust, Proof of fire. There has been several threads on the very easy conversion. Sounds to me like the stove needs a real good cleaning. That stove model is a challenge to get properly clean. Getting it outside and hitting the inside walls with high pressure air can dislodge the ash that likes to hide in the double walls that won't allow the exchanger to pull the heat off and overheating the stove and shutting it down. They are good stoves just a bit harder to clean and sitting for a while can make the problem more of a challenge.

Last edited:
ok il try that thanks, i didnt keep up with the cleaning to well last yr so that may be it. cant figure out how to upload a photo but the thermostat bypass wire in back im not sure is right either. there are the two purple wires coming from control board going to the 2nd and third screw(there are 3 screws, outlets whatever you can them)my bypass wire is just a small wire goin from the 2nd to the 3rd screw. connecting the two. if that makes sense. the manual didnt really explain to well so my bro did that n figured it was right.

o yea, i took the exhaust fan apart to clean it out, was pretty dirty n noticed the gasket was in pretty rough shape. guess that doesnt help. a couple small parts were sorta nonexistent. il get a new one but im assuming thats not the big problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.