whitfield advantage c frame combustion blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimml

Hearth Supporter
Aug 22, 2009
bigcity otis orchards wa
I just got a whitfield advantage pellet stove that has a c frame motor on the combustion blower.
This doesnt seem to match other stoves I have seen of this model, is this a stock motor or a low budget replacement?
I just cleaned the stove and it seems to work ok outside without having any exhaust pipe on it.

serial # 71330
11/93 manufacture

jimml said:
I just got a whitfield advantage pellet stove that has a c frame motor on the combustion blower.
This doesnt seem to match other stoves I have seen of this model, is this a stock motor or a low budget replacement?
I just cleaned the stove and it seems to work ok outside without having any exhaust pipe on it.

serial # 71330
11/93 manufacture
Enviro used that type of motor and breckwell has in the past. or might still.
Really dont matter I think they used they type because it take up less space

as long as you are getting around 3000 rpm with a standard impeller the stove will work fine.
If you are running the stove and all the ash and flue are clear and you are still haveing to open the damper more that half way to get good combustion then you might have to change it out to the original blower but if it is working dont bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.